Friday, December 21, 2007

Roses in December

We're right at the time of the summer solstice, and it's almost Christmas Day. A combination I'm still not absorbing very well. Last night when I went to bed at 10:40 there was still light in the sky. Today was a sunny beautiful day (windy and not very warm, but clear and beautiful), so Dave and I decided to take a walk in the Botanic Gardens. I particularly wanted to see the rose garden, because the roses in the gardens in our neighborhood are so beautiful. A wedding party was having their photos taken in the rose garden. So here are a few photos of roses in December.






One of the amazing things about New Zealand is all the plants I've never seen before. In the garden at our rental house there are several flowering plants that are new to me. And at the Botanic Gardens today, I saw dozens of flowering plants I'd never seen before. Here are two:


1 comment:

Barb Kimmel said...

Dear Dave and Lynn,

Merry Christmas from Ohio. The sun is shining, but it is about 30 degrees - a bit nippy.
My mom is here and we are waiting for the grandchildren to finish their naps so everyone can come over for Christmas supper.
We enjoy reading your blogs and seeing the photos and Dave's beautiful paintings. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Barb and Jim Kimmel