Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bondi Beach, Sydney

After six days in Melbourne, we went to Sydney, where we stayed 12 days. One of our first nights, Dave and I went to Bondi beach. I'd heard of it so many times, and I wanted to see it. Right by the place where we parked our car was a bench made of mosaic. Here's a closeup of the bench.

Bondi is a perfect crescent of sand with headlands on both ends of it. Below is the headland to the south, which has a sculpture display on it. You can just barely see the shapes of the sculptures.

The headland to the north is covered with houses, as you can see in the next photo. Note the people looking up to the sky? Do you wonder what they're looking at? Keep going down the page and you'll see what they saw.



We watched the pilot make the E in me, and then he flew away to another part of the sky to make the T. I wonder if the T was the initial of the person asking, or the person being asked. It was a beautiful night to be there.



No comments: